Monday, January 21

What Time Is It?

he knows what time it is.
Feeling like I need something to pick me up.

Life can push you down sometimes, this isn't news to anyone, but music is the redeemer. Music can obliterate the worst of what life can dump on you.

Today I need some serious firepower so who better than Joe McPhee? He recorded the fantastic track 'Nation Time' in 1970.

I need to write about him but there's no time today so let's just stick with the music. It simplifies things anyways.

My wife doesn't want to know a thing about her favourite musicians in case they turn out to be assholes and that sours the music. I, for instance, wish I didn't know a thing about Woody Allen the man because it makes it damned hard to enjoy Woody Allen the filmmaker (or Woody Allen the old-time clarinetist). So maybe it's best that I don't know anything about Joe McPhee the man. It would be a shame if he turned out to be an asshole. I know Joe McPhee the saxophone player, and he's tops.

Have a listen, dear friends, to Joe McPhee and band kicking serious ass on Nation Time

No comments:

Post a Comment