Tuesday, January 22

A Unique Take on Monk by Miles Okazaki

This train is worth a ride
If I were to tell you that a jazz musician has put out an album called “The Complete Compositions of Thelonious Monk for Solo Guitar” would your first thought be, like mine, that that album couldn’t work. I mean, one of the great eccentric pianists, a man who played the keys unlike anyone before or since, can’t be brought to life on six strings can it?

If you’ve got the skill of Miles Okazaki, you can pull it off with style.

Trust me my friend, once you listened to Miles Okazaki’s recordings you’d admit, like I did, that these are damn good versions of classic jazz tunes. I’ve been listening to them a lot. I’ll have them spinning tonight.

They’re perfect to write to, perfect for a cocktail party. I urge you to visit his site  http://www.milesokazaki.com/ and listen for yourself. Spend a bit of money and buy it while you’re there.

Remember that? When we used to buy music? Go retro and show Miles some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment