Wednesday, April 11

Kamasi Washington Is Back

...we always suspected he could walk on water
It was good to see you last night. I appreciated the book recommendations and the advice. Yes, I think  you’re right: it’s time for change, though it's easier said than done.

I neglected to tell you something that made my day. Remember how much I went on about Kamasi Washington’s The Epic when it came out a couple years back? I listened to it for two months straight. Most of us did. The voices, the grooves, the horns.  

As a fan of the bass, Thundercat's presence on that album helped make it for me. It was a huge album and it could have fallen apart under the weight of it's own ambition, but it doesn't.
the man they call Thundercat

The big news that I never had the opportunity to tell you is that Kamasi has new music out and it's as bombastic and brilliant as you’d expect. Be sure to listen to the two advance tracks he released. You’ll love them. Let's get together with a nice Cabernet when the album comes out and listen to the whole fantastic thing. It's another long one, looks like two albums unlike The Epics' three, but I have not doubt, judging form these samples, that we're in for another treat. May need a second bottle.

And about that other thing you told me: hang in there. Things will turn around for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment