Sunday, April 24

Defending Aurora

Oregon, not the sexiest band in the world
Back when I was in film school I briefly dated a woman whose name I won't mention. I played her a song by the band Oregon called Aurora which may not seem very jazz-like to some of you but it is a lovely song nonetheless.  At 1:30 the band plays a beautiful refrain; that oboe!  Isn't it nice? So I played this song for her, wanting to share that moment of beauty and she hated it and even made fun of me for it!  Imagine that!

'Are you going to play that song for every woman you date and marry the first one who likes it?'

So rude! In defense of Oregon I stopped seeing her after that.  I didn't even like the band that much, just that moment of that song was a favourite at the time.  Just the same, she was out.

I should also point out that I just played Aurora for my wife and she didn't like it one bit and that's okay with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment