Tuesday, February 12

Because Sometimes You Need to Strut

love the title track for some serious strutting
Jazz is many things.

It's very diverse, which is why fans like me bristle when someone says they don't like jazz. How can you not like jazz? It's so many things!

I suppose there are those poor people out there who generally don't like music, and they have my deepest sympathy.

Depending on the album you're listening to, jazz can relaxing, energizing, intellectually stimulating, inspiring, fun, beautiful and more.

It can also give you a soundtrack for those days that are going so well that you just need to strut.

Cue "Right On" by Boogaloo Joe Jones. This killer track is from the album Right On Brother (Prestige, 1970). Some of the songs have a bit more organ than I can enjoy, but "Right On" hits that perfect balance.

Life is treating me fine lately, so I think I'll plug in my headphones and strut for 5 mins and 42 seconds while Boogaloo Joe Jones and his band do their thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment