Sunday, January 24

Albums That All Humans Should Own #3

As I said in an earlier post (Dec. 20, 2009, which is why I am being brief here), my number three pick is the best-selling jazz album for good reason.

'Kind Of Blue' (1959) by Miles Davis is my third pick of essential albums that all humans should own.

The music is incredible and it may be the  biggest all-star line-up to ever record together and surely this list of names will have you wanting this album:
  • Miles Davis, trumpet.
  • John Coltrane, tenor sax.
  • Cannonball Adderley, alto sax.
  • Bill Evans (and sometimes Wynton Kelly), piano.
  • My man Paul Chambers, bass.
  • Jimmy Cobb, drums.
It's a superb disc. I can't think of a bad thing about it. It's beyond essential. As much as I love my picks #1 and #2, if you were only going to own one jazz album, I suggest this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment