Sunday, December 27

Early morning Joe

As my wife and I were feeding our babies at 6:36am this morning, I clicked on Galaxie Jazz and who should serenade us but our old friend Joe Henderson (I admit I am surprised by how often he has been mentioned in this blog!) playing Portrait, a beautiful ballad that I believe is from the early 60's Blue Note recordings.

Next comes Vince Guaraldi's Linus & Lucy, which my wife loved, and why not? How many of us were introduced to jazz by Charlie Brown cartoons?

Grant Green on guitar
-I wish Bill Evans would have played this, I said.

She thought the original version was just fine, and she is undoubtedly correct.

Two hours later, after grandparents had fed our babies their second last bottle before the journey home, we go back downstairs and Grant Green's Sookie, Sookie is playing, another Blue Note classic.  See my friends? Blue Note is everywhere! Even our our blue-eyed babies love the label (or am I projecting?)

No comments:

Post a Comment