Tuesday, May 14

Larry Stops By For Django and a Beer

I love Django electrified
Django’s solo on this song (Peche a la mouche) is otherworldly. Eternal. This was recorded more than 60 years ago and you hear that in the band; a bit stilted and old-fashioned, then in comes Django’s solo that sounds like a time-traveler. Ahead of his time. I’m not sure any guitarist today could top him. As soon as Django went electric in the late '40s, I was in love.

[Didn't you buy that biography about him?]

Yeah, I did, but I haven't read it yet. It’s there on the bottom shelf with Gioia and Giddens. It has a yellow cover just like Vicious Dogs. Have you read my book yet?

[No, but one of these days. Linda read it and said it was great but then again she’s always been in love with you.]

That’s ridiculous.

[Don’t give me that. Usually you think every woman is in love with you and now you act like you don’t recognize how Linda always talks about you like you’re some kind a big deal? I mean it’s not like your book was published by Penguin or something. Like, how many copies did you even sell? A couple hundred? Wow Big time author. Watch out Stephen King!]

There’s no need to be an asshole Larry. I just wanted to play you some Django Reinhardt.

[Don’t get offended. I’m just telling it like it is. And you’re right. Django's out of this world.]

linda likes this photo i took of her





No comments:

Post a Comment